It might seem like an eternity since the World Series of Poker ran in “normal” fashion. While last year saw US players compete for bracelets, and even the Main Event title online, the 2020 version of the WSOP never came close to replicating the true experience of poker’s biggest live tournament festival.
Fast forward to 2021, however, and all is well in the world of live tournament poker. The live version of the 2021 World Series of Poker begins Sept. 30 and could break all-time attendance records for the series.
While the WSOP is back to its traditional format in 2021, the expanded slate of online bracelet events returns as well. The 2021 WSOP Online begins this Thursday, available to players in Nevada and New Jersey on WSOP.com.
WSOP Online 2021 runs July 1 through August 1, with a total of 33 bracelet events.
WSOP Online 2021 Schedule
|July 1||Event #1: No-Limit Hold'em The BIG 500 Kick-Off||$500|
|July 2||Event #2: No-Limit Hold'em Monster Stack||$600|
|July 3||Event #3: No-Limit Hold'em Turbo Deepstack||$500|
|July 4||Event #4: No-Limit Hold'em Super Turbo||$500|
|July 5||Event #5: No-Limit Hold'em 8-Max||$1,000|
|July 6||Event #6: No-Limit Hold'em Deepstack||$2,000|
|July 7||Event #7: No-Limit Hold'em Lucky 7's||$777|
|July 8||Event #8: Crazy Eights||$888|
|July 9||Event #9: No-Limit Hold'em 6-Max||$400|
|July 10||Event #10: No-Limit Hold'em||$333|
|July 11||Event #11: No-Limit Hold'em Ultra Deepstack||$400|
|July 12||Event #12: No-Limit Hold'em Turbo Deepstack||$500|
|July 13||Event #13: No-Limit Hold'em Freezeout||$1,000|
|July 14||Event #14: No-Limit Hold'em||$500|
|July 15||Event #15: No-Limit Hold'em High Roller Freezeout||$5,300|
|July 16||Event #16: PLO8 6-Handed||$600|
|July 17||Event #17: No-Limit Hold'em 8-Max||$400|
|July 18||Event #18: No-Limit Hold'em North American Open||$1,000|
|July 19||Event #19: PLO Crazy Eights - 8-Handed||$888|
|July 20||Event #20: No-Limit Hold'em High Roller||$3,200|
|July 21||Event #21: PLO 6-Handed||$600|
|July 22||Event #22: No-Limit Hold'em Knockout||$600|
|July 23||Event #23: No-Limit Hold'em Turbo||$500|
|July 24||Event #24: No-Limit Hold'em Monster Stack||$400|
|July 25||Event #25: No-Limit Hold'em Lucky 7s High Roller||$7,777|
|July 25||Event #No-Limit Hold'em The BIG 500 Encore||$500|
|July 26||Event #27: PLO Championship||$1,000|
|July 27||Event #28: No-Limit Hold'em High Roller Championship||$3,200|
|July 28||Event #29: No-Limit Hold'em 8-Max Turbo Deepstack Championship||$800|
|July 29||Event #30: No-Limit Hold'em 6-Max||$600|
|July 30||Event #31: No-Limit Hold'em Summer Saver||$500|
|July 31||Event #32: No-Limit Hold'em Championship||$1,000|
|August 1||Event #33: No-Limit Hold'em Grand Finale*||$500|
*$1 million guaranteed prize pool
Largest Online Schedule In WSOP History
The US side of the WSOP Online schedule presents 33 different bracelet events. That number marks the biggest selection of online bracelet events ever offered by the WSOP in a single year, topping last year’s record of 31.
Last year’s 31-tournament series, dubbed the WSOP Online Bracelet Events, came forth as a solution to replace the canceled 2020 World Series of Poker. The live edition of the WSOP is back for 2021, but it appears that the expanded selection of online events is here to stay.
The live WSOP offers 88 bracelet events, and runs Sept. 30 through Nov. 23 at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. US players get a total of 121 combined live and online bracelet events to compete for at the 2021 series.
Some of the highlights from the 2021 WSOP Online include:
- The BIG 500 Kick-Off (July 1) – The WSOP Online kicks off with the appropriately-named The BIG 500 Kick-Off. The $500 buy-in tournament could draw some of the biggest attendance of any WSOP Online event, as it offers the first chance to score a 2021 bracelet.
- High Roller Events – Most of the events on the WSOP Online schedule offer buy-ins of $1,000 or less. The series does offer four High Roller tournaments, however, including the $5,300 High Roller Freezeout (July 15), $3,200 No-Limit High Roller (July 20), $7,777 No-Limit Hold’em Lucky 7’s High Roller (July 25), and $3,200 No-Limit Hold’em High Roller Championship (July 27).
- PLO Week (July 14-21) – Most of the 33-event schedule revolves around No-Limit Texas Hold’em, but four tournaments play as Pot-Limit Omaha events. Three of those tournaments take place during PLO Week, which runs July 14-21.
- Championship Week (July 26-Aug. 1) – The traditional World Series of Poker runs a series of $10,000 buy-in “Championship” tournaments each series, with a $10k buy-in event available for nearly every imaginable poker variant.The WSOP Online will run its own series of “Championship” events this year, all of which take place in the final week of the 2021 WSOP Online. Championship Week caps off with the $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em Championship (July 31), which drew 2,126 entries and a $2,019,700 prize pool last year.
- No-Limit Hold’em Grand Finale (Aug. 1) – The 2021 WSOP Online closes out with the No-Limit Hold’em Grand Finale on Aug. 1. The series-closing tournament plays as the only event from the 2021 WSOP Online with a guaranteed prize pool ($1 million), and as the only two-day event on the schedule.